"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't take a look around once in a while, you'll miss it."

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thank you for making it so darn difficult!

I had a few of those special moments in life, recently, and I've meant to write them down.  

I know my life has not been more difficult than anyone else's.  I just know that I've had my share of pain and trials.  I've spent many many prayers begging and pleading for strength, and always asking if I could just know why, then I surely could make it through a little stronger.  I have been sure that many of these experiences were more than I could handle, but I have always been wrong.  My Heavenly Father knows what I can and cannot do!  I am only beginning to understand.

My bedroom and my bed are very sacred to me.  That's where I pray.  I usually read my scriptures there.  I cry there!  I find comfort there.  I'm narcoleptic, so I sleep, a lot!!  Heaven only knows the hours I've spent in my bed; between crying and sleeping it's got to be a lot.

I recognize that trials are given to teach us something.  I also know that I am here in this place for a reason, but the other day I was vacuuming my room.  I was right next to my bed when I was suddenly overcome with such an intense feeling and realization.  It was an answer to many prayers.  I suddenly knew why.  I could see a very clear line, a life-line, my life-line.  I could see how each of the trials that I had endured, and accepted and learned from were given to me in that order for a reason.  I had never clearly understood why, but I knew.  Moment to moment, I saw them lined up exactly as they were so that I could be here in this moment!  

I am sorry to those I have wronged and for the mistakes that I have made, but ironically, I needed to make those mistakes to be here.  

Funny to think, I still don't know why I am supposed to be here, but I know that it is for a reason!  We all have a purpose.  Don't forget that yours is important!  "This is a paradox of man: compared to God, man is nothing; yet we are everything to God."

1 comments:

Lora said...

Love this post. Love those moments of clarity. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

The Genius

My photo
I'm a narcoleptic musician that loves the outdoors. I could be a very promising gourmet chef, but I am not a very effective photographer. I just learned to love to run.

Followers