"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't take a look around once in a while, you'll miss it."

Friday, August 3, 2012

New House

The short version of the really long story is that we had a house all ready to go.  We were three months in the process, and then it fell through.  I was relieved to not have deal with those people anymore, but I really loved that house.  However, if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be ...
And now we have this house!
We live on five acres.  There are four bedrooms, an office, three and a half bathrooms, a "great hall," a giant front living room and a ballroom/back living room.  There is a fountain in our courtyard backyard.  We have a big alfalfa field out back and a pasture out front.  We will live across the street from Trav's brother Jeff, when they move in next week.  The view is beautiful from the front or back porch, and when I figure out how to decorate, I'm sure the inside will look good too!
Look!  We bought a house today.

The ballroom/back living room
The front living room



The Master -- Imagine less boxes and some cute furniture and drapes.

I can't wait to take a bath!

My beautiful kitchen

I'm still painting the matching chairs



The great hall (Our giant sectional looks tiny in this big room)


My house from the street


The view from the back porch


The view from the front porch

  












Now will you come visit me?

4 comments:

tawnya said...

Oh, Em, it's beautiful! I'm so happy you guys found something great!

Nate, Brittney and Ryan said...

Five acres AND two ovens! I'm sorry. I don't think we can be friends anymore.... Congratulations, you guys! It's beautiful. That view. The stonework on the exterior. The fireplace. It's gorgeous! So when we come to visit we get to use that soaker tub, right? :)

Lora said...

Ok, so I may have had a few pangs of jealousy at all that wonderful wonderful space! Inside and out!It's gorgeous! So glad you found something that works and is free from dog bombs and questionable refrigeration! :)

Anna said...

I'm excited to see it for real--it's beautiful! Congratulations!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

The Genius

My photo
I'm a narcoleptic musician that loves the outdoors. I could be a very promising gourmet chef, but I am not a very effective photographer. I just learned to love to run.

Followers