"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't take a look around once in a while, you'll miss it."

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Homeless

Did you ever read that book, The Family Under the Bridge, or see the movie, The Pursuit of Happiness? We we aren't like that. We just don't have a place for the piano, or a closet for our clothes, or a fridge for our condiments.

At this point, you are probably thinking, what craziness in the universe had occurred to allow such a thing to happen -- two blog entries in two weeks? I know it's unbelievable even to myself. But, I just thought of something to write about.

~First of all, would you believe that someone in this world is crazy enough to believe that a place with snow ten months of the year would be a good place to retire to from Hawaii? Well, there are such persons, and they happen to be our landlord's in-laws. Our house seemed like that best place to land, so that left us with the need for a new home.
~Second, would you believe that in the middle of a thriving land of over 100,000 one cannot get high-speed internet, or cable TV for that matter. Well, this is true also, because that is why our first option for a new home couldn't work out. City-planning is not their best quality. Since my hubby works from home, he has a great need for high-speed internet, and thus without it he would be left with nothing to do but watch Seinfield reruns all day.
~And third, would you believe that two weeks is not enough time to secure a new home in which to dwell? Well, again, this is true, since after the assumption of the first home having high-speed internet and then finding out that we were wrong, two weeks is how much time we had left before the Hawaiians arrived.

This brings us to the present. After packing up all of our belonging into a storage unit, we are left to float and wander about as we please. It's kind of a free feeling, in a sort of depressing way. Luckily we have a LOT of family near by, but I do kind of miss my dresser, and my closets, and my pantry. On the other hand, with all of that rent money that we would have used, doesn't Europe sound nice, or the Caribbean, or Hawaii ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

The Genius

My photo
I'm a narcoleptic musician that loves the outdoors. I could be a very promising gourmet chef, but I am not a very effective photographer. I just learned to love to run.

Followers